Putting Yourself First for A Change
As we know, all cultural training teaches women to take care of their family’s needs as the highest priority and at any cost. As nurturing spirits, we often extend that caring behavior to include everyone but ourselves. The result can be difficulty in “saying no,” setting boundaries and addressing one’s own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs. NOW is the time to change our minds – in a GOOD way.
Each of us is just as valuable and worthy of loving attention as anyone else in the world. Let’s first recognize that and then act like it!
Among the many classes I teach, I facilitate classes and workshops on Putting Yourself First for a Change topics. They are based on my
CHANGE YOUR LIFE Self-Care Checklist.
Here are some examples: in which we discuss:
- Change Expectations of You (both yours and other people’s)
- The difference between Helping and Enabling
- Underlying beliefs that may be at work
- Some of the reasons WHY you do what you do
- How you FEEL when you agree to do (or not do) something that goes against your instincts or desires (Fight or Flight?)
- Core Beliefs
- Setting Boundaries and Assertive Communications
- Getting Unstuck (grief and loss; writer’s block; in a career; multiple concepts)
- Neuro-linguistic Programming and hypnotherapy techniques to help you change the way you interpret things
- Exercises to help you quit procrastinating about things you could do on your own behalf
- “Happiness” exercises
- Releasing Sadness, Anger, Guilt, and Fear
- Understanding the relationship between emotional issues and physical symptoms
- Breathing exercises
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Taking care of legal and financial subjects
- Parenting Your Children, Adult Children, and Your SELF!
- Meditation and Affirmations
- Physical Activity and Exercise
Change Your Life Self-Care Checklist ~ Bonuses for Attendees
I provide lots of handouts and notes, so you don’t have to remember everything I said, and you will help the group come up with some more ideas. I often customize and/or record a meditation just for the class, and it will be yours as a gift to help you find new ways to Change Your Life for the better.
Remember, “The more I have, the more I have to give.” Putting Yourself First for A Change feeds both kinds of needs…those of self-respect/self-care which then enables you to provide a better quality of assistance when you choose to be of service to others. It is a choice.
If you would like to book or host one of my presentations (for groups or an individual), please contact me to make arrangements. These classes can be as short as two hours or as long as weekend seminars! For sessions which are open to the public or held online, we might post them on my Change Your Life personal coaching websites and/or my Change Your Life Meetup site, where local events are listed. Hope to see you there!
Let’s Get Well, Stay Well, Live Well and
Change Our Lives for the Better Now!