Overcome Winter Blues, Apathy, and Sheer Laziness by Doing EZ Exercises
Regardless of gender,
“You are only six months away from being In or Out Of Shape!”
(click on image to smile)
That thought always helps me get motivated to start working out after a long period of exercise inactivity.
Aging Changes the Exercise Game
(click on pic for animation)
I used to participate in gymnastics, as well as dance performances (ballet and “modern dance,” as it was known Back In the Day). Flexibility made yoga or Pilates a joy. However, now that I’m older and have an attendant “messed up knee,” my choices of what feats to perform have changed a bit. I’m not going to try skateboarding, but …
Therefore, it is thrilling to know that you can get truly effective aerobic exercise while lying down! (This method was featured on “The Doctors” and other major media. It uses a small machine that is great for people who cannot or will not exercise, and I’ll describe it in a minute.)
But first, it also was thrilling to find a wonderful Tai Chi Master at https://taichizidong.com. (No, I don’t get any income from promoting this person or website. I am sharing, because I think they are WONDERFUL!)
Good News for Those with Limited Ability and/or Space!
EZ Tai Chi Exercises
- A person can do many of those exercises while seated, watching television, listening to an audiobook, in a room full of family or friends, or even in a meeting.
- More good news is that you don’t have to get dressed and go out into the winter cold to commute to a gym.
- The Tai Chi Zi Dong Master provides simple and easy exercises that work by using your hands to manipulate the Chinese medicine-identified meridians and acupuncture points.
Meridians relate to various organs and a multitude of disease symptoms. You don’t have to know any of this in order to successfully perform the exercises! But, in case you would like more info, here is a link.
Definition of Meridians: “Acupuncture is based on a meridional theory, which incorporates a system of channels through which vital energy, or Qi, flows.” To learn more, click here: Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies
In fact, this Master teaches so many wonderful things that I have a whole collection of his teachings on Instagram. Unfortunately, Instagram says that only I can see what I’ve saved, but I’m going to try posting the link here and see if it will work. Below that, I’ve posted a sample YouTube video.
If clicking on the picture didn’t cause the video to play, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWHQk96RPok
Again, you don’t have to know or do anything other than follow the exercise instructions. However, if you want to know more about Taichi.Zidong history and spiritual traditions, Click Here.
Exercises AND Rest / How Much Is Too Much?
“Your body needs a rest from working out, but too long a rest has negative consequences.”
InBody points out: “You shouldn’t push yourself to work out every day without a break because your body needs rest and recovery days to repair muscle fibers and strengthen itself between workouts.”
- Detraining is a phenomenon in which you lose the beneficial effects of training, but it is reversible.
- Your fitness loss is dependent on several factors: length of your exercise layoff, age, and level of fitness.
- Muscle memory can help you regain lost muscle quicker.
The American Council on Exercise
This organization sponsors all kinds of online classes and provides information about everything from baby-fitness-pregnancy-and-postpartum-exercise-instructor-training to “active aging,” weight management, correcting posture, and much more. Click on this link for details: https://www.acefitness.org/continuing-education/search/
Talk about EZ Exercises! ~
5 Minutes on This
Class I Medical Device
Chi Machine = 1/2 Hour Walk,
Just Lie Down and Set the Timer!
What am I talking about? It’s that famous “chi machine” that we used to see on television ads and health programs, like The Doctors. It truly is a miraculous blessing that I have used for many years.
- Click Here to see my page for the excruciating details.
- In twenty-five words or less, it massages your organs and back while providing aerobic exercise while you lie down.
- In 25 words or more, below are some benefits:
Chi Machine Benefits Summary:
1) Relieves minor muscle aches, pains and tension caused by fatigue or overexertion – relaxes muscles locally – gentle internal massage.
2) Increases local blood circulation, cell oxygenation and metabolism – promotes mobility and energy.
3) Stimulation of the Lymphatic System promotes elimination of metabolic waste and toxins. Lymphatic fluid drainage (proven in clinical trials), and dissipation of lactic acid.
4) Enhances Alpha waves of relaxation in the brain, coupled with stimulation of the spine’s autonomic nervous system which shifts the body from ‘fight or flight’ into ‘rest and relaxation’ – stress release
5) Common side benefits may include sounder sleep, improved elimination, improved mobility, and general weight loss combined with a healthy diet.
I don’t sell what I don’t use faithfully, and I USE this as a major contributor to my health. Ergo, I sell it. I also use it after moving furniture or doing heavy yard work to get rid of back pain, in addition to its aerobicizing benefits It works like magic on my back after all that muscle straining.
Below is a picture of it and the sturdy carry case I use when giving demonstrations to others or when I’m traveling. Below that, you’ll see the positions in which one lies while the machine is operating. You’ll also be able to click on videos that show it in action.
Video of the Chi Machine Demo on The Doctors
Of course, I have no way to know when you’ll see this blog. However, as of this writing, it is on sale as we head toward the winter holidays. Contact me, if you’re interested, and I can verify the then-current price.
One More Thing!
There are self-massage things you can do to help your health. You don’t need a professional practitioner, and you can do it while watching tv, etc. For example, just rub every little nook and cranny on your ears to stimulate those same meridians and acupuncture points. I’d tell you more, but that’s for a different blog. Plus, I’m not sure this qualifies as “exercise.” So, here’s an example from Pinterest, and then I’ll move on.
What About Mental & Emotional Exercises for Good Health?
I’m not a fitness expert, but I’m certified in a bunch of things that aid in physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness.
Let’s Talk in a FREE Sip & Share Session
If you’re interested in learning more about things like hypnotherapy, Neuro-linguistic Programming, energy healing and other things I offer, contact me to schedule a FREE “Sip & Share Session” on Zoom. We’ll talk about your needs and my offerings WITHOUT any sales pressure. If I’m not the best person to give you counseling, coaching, or classes, I may know someone to whom I can refer you.
Contact me at GetWellStayWell@Outlook.com and put Request Sip & Share Session in the subject line for quick attention.
I hope you found this information helpful, and I’ll be happy to answer your questions!
Let’s Get Well, Stay Well, and Live Well