This Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe is a DELICIOSO & HEALTHY TREAT!
Wouldn’t You Just LOVE to have a recipe for something that tastes like cheesecake, requires no baking, and is packed with healthful ingredients?
THERE IS NO CHEESE IN THIS RAW “CHEESECAKE” RECIPE
Before giving you the recipe, let me answer the following question:
What Does The Raw Cheesecake Recipe Have To Do With Disabled Veterans?
I collaborated with Sharia and her husband, Kirby Garland, on a project to help veterans. (Sharia is a disabled vet, who has an indomitable spirit for overcoming all challenges. Kirby (also a vet) is so helpful to her and their children, that I wish we could clone him! What a guy!)
They are starting a company, called, “Why Cook?” which serves people, who are unable to perform functions like cooking and personal care activities, by connecting them with other organizations or people who can perform the tasks for those in need. I’ll post something on Facebook, when they are up and running.
Meanwhile, I was visiting their home recently, and Sharia was making a deliciously aromatic, organic, veggie pizza, which immediately made my tummy growl and started a conversation about food. Then, she let me taste this scrumptious dessert. It looked good, tasted heavenly, and is chock full of healthful ingredients, so I asked if I may feature her in a blog article. Being the honest person she is, Sharia said she could not take credit for having created the Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe; but I told her that we would acknowledge that it was not her original recipe. That caused me to learn it is on Laura-Jane, the Rawtarian’s website. This website opened a whole new world of possibilities; but, first … drum roll, please….
The Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe
Here it is, for your healthful enjoyment! Click on Raw Cheesecake; but I am listing the ingredients, if you want to know whether to try it. (It does contain nuts, so don’t use it if you have that kind of allergies.)
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or a combination of walnuts and/or macadamia nuts)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
White cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup agave or honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water, if necessary to facilitate blending. use as little as possible. (optional)
Fruit topping ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1. Throw the macadamia nuts, salt and dates into your food processor. (Don’t add the coconut!!) Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy.
- 2. Next, get our your cheesecake pan (or just a basic glass brownie pan if you’re like me and don’t have fancy cookware) and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. The point of doing this is to make it so it’s easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the macadamia nuts and date mixture down into the pan to form the crust.
- 3. Throw all cream-cheese filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible.) Pour mixture on top of crust.
- 4. Place the above in freezer for an hour or so (so that it will firm up).
- 5. Meanwhile, throw your strawberries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend until
This website also has recipes for raw lemon bars, brownies, chocolate this and that, sauces, dips, smoothies and more. I think I’m gonna love going here!
Check out Laura Jane’s You Tube presentation for Raw Vegan Chocolate Haystack Macaroons, along with You Tube presentations about many other vegan topics.
Let’s Get Well, Stay Well, and Live Well!