This Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe is a DELICIOSO & HEALTHY TREAT!
Wouldn’t You Just LOVE to have a recipe for something that tastes like cheesecake, requires no baking, and is packed with healthful ingredients?
THERE IS NO CHEESE IN THIS RAW “CHEESECAKE” RECIPE
Before giving you the recipe, let me answer the following question:
What Does The Raw Cheesecake Recipe
Have To Do With Sharia Garland
and Disabled Veterans?
Yes, I was a blond “back then” and might be again!
You may know I scripted the stories of some people who were homeless when I volunteered at a huge shelter in Washington, D.C. You can find those stories in my book on Amazon.
I wanted to do the same thing for veterans of foreign wars, so I decided to get some background information by collaborating with Sharia and her husband, Kirby Garland, on a project to help veterans. (Sharia is a disabled vet, who has an indomitable spirit for overcoming all challenges. Kirby (also a vet) is so helpful to her and their children, that I wish we could clone him! What a guy!)
They were considering creating a company to serve people, who are unable to perform functions like cooking and personal care activities, by connecting them with other organizations or people who can perform the tasks for those in need. They’re also involved in a number of other projects to help vets in a variety of ways.
I Almost Fainted From Pleasure
When I visited their home, Sharia was making a deliciously aromatic, organic, veggie pizza, which immediately made my tummy growl and started a conversation about food. Then, she let me taste this scrumptious dessert. It looked good, tasted heavenly, and was chock full of healthful ingredients, so I asked if I may feature her in a blog article.
Being the honest person she is, Sharia said she could not take credit for having created the Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe; but I told her that we would acknowledge that it was not her original recipe. That caused me to learn it was on Laura-Jane, the Rawtarian’s website.
The Rawtarian Website
This website is a wonderful resource for people interested in healthy foods. I highly recommend exploring it thoroughly. It has apps, classes, and lots of recipes. It opened a whole new world of possibilities; but, first … drum roll, please….
The Raw “Cheesecake” Recipe
Here it is, for your healthful enjoyment! You can go to click on Raw Cheesecake; but I am listing the ingredients here, in case you want to know whether to try it. (It does contain nuts, so don’t use them if you have that kind of allergy.)
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or a combination of walnuts and/or macadamia nuts)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
White cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup agave or honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water, if necessary to facilitate blending. use as little as possible. (optional)
Fruit topping ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup dates
Raw Cheesecake Recipe Directions
1. Throw the macadamia nuts, salt, and dates into your food processor. (Don’t add the coconut!!) Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy.
2. Next, get your cheesecake pan (or just a basic glass brownie pan if you’re like me and don’t have fancy cookware) and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. The point of doing this is to make it so it’s easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the macadamia nuts and date mixture down into the pan to form the crust.
3. Throw all cream-cheese filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible.) Pour mixture on top of crust.
4. Place the above in the freezer for an hour or so (so that it will firm up).
5. Meanwhile, throw your strawberries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend
Blend until nice and smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the crust/cream cheese, which was just in the freezer for about an hour. Place the raw cheesecake recipe back in the freezer. Freeze until this raw cheesecake recipe reaches the desired consistency (5 hours or so!).
6. Defrost this raw cheesecake recipe for about a half-hour before eating (or just slice from the freezer and enjoy this delicious raw cheesecake)!
This website also has recipes for raw lemon bars, brownies, chocolate this and that, sauces, dips, smoothies, and more. I think I’m gonna love going here!
Check out Laura Jane’s YouTube presentation for Raw Vegan Chocolate Haystack Macaroons, along with YouTube presentations about many other vegan topics.
I would love to have you follow me on social media. I’m in so many places that I devoted a whole web page to list them. Click Here to see the variety. Hope to see you there. You also can contact me at GetWellStayWell@Outlook.com if you want to know about more services I offer in the health and wellness arena. Please put the topic of interest in the subject line. Perhaps, we’ll set up a free Sip & Share Session on Zoom to discuss how I may help you.
Let’s Get Well, Stay Well, and Live Well!
Self Care Is the New Health Care!